The role of the Quality Technician is to work closely with the Quality Manager in maintaining Quality Control / HACCP procedures on a daily basis. The Role will involve testing and examining all produce to ensure the highest standard of quality is achieved for all customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Carrying out quality inspections on produce at intake, repack and finished product stage.
· Completion of daily record keeping E.g. intake and dispatch checks etc. Sending Quality reports to Suppliers, reviewing raw material quality on a continuous basis and communicating any quality issues to production/ purchasing departments.
· Ensuring HACCP principles are continuously met for product safety and process control.
· Ensuring BRC requirements are maintained as set down in the relevant standard and ensuring traceability is maintained for all lines.
· Ensuring and cross-checking traceability for each delivery and contact all suppliers to obtain traceability in advance
· Assist in carrying out internal audits on a routine basis/ ensuring that the factory is compliant with all health & safety/ quality regulations
· Degree in Food Science or similar is desired but not essential
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Quality or 3 years in production
· BRC / IFS Food Safety Certification, HACCP, Bord Bia, Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices and food manufacturing is essential.
Key Behaviours/ Competencies
Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure
Build a good working relationship with other departments within the company
Excellent verbal/ communication skills
Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
Excellent attention to detail skills in relation to quality, traceability and labelling
Flexible to the needs of the business
If you have the relevant qualifications, please submit your CV to Rosemarie Fox at email@example.com