Meade Potato Company are currently recruiting a Maintenance Fitter to join our expanding maintenance team. The role is suitable for a motivated individual who is capable of working with complex mechanical and electrical production lines in a fast paced environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Carry out preventative, emergency and predictive maintenance of all equipment throughout the factory
· Liaise with and assist any 3rd party contractors in carrying out their duties on site.
· Troubleshoot with respect to repair of all equipment on the production floor, whilst ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum
· Maintain a high standard to Health & Safety during maintenance work.
· Complete all required documentation accurately.
· Conduct mechanical and electrical repairs within the factory
· FAS mechanical diploma/ Trade certificate
· At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
· Electrical experience would be an advantage
· Experience in pneumatics would be beneficial
· Knowledge of CMMS systems is desirable
· Previous experience with packaging equipment in an FMCG environment is highly desirable
· Full clean driving license
· Flexibility in relation to working hours, the role will entail evenings/ weekend work.
Key Behaviours/ Competencies
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivated and energetic
· Be health & safety conscious
· Work efficiently as part of a team and also on own initiative