Meade Potato Company, an award-winning Fresh Produce Company who operate from their state of the art family farm in Lobinstown, Co. Meath. The Company has grown from a single packing store to include 150,000 sq. feet of packing facilities housing numerous state of the art production lines, with over 500,000sq. ft of loading and distribution space, all of which serve to make the journey from farm to fork as efficient as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sales & Procurement Assistant will assist with the development and maintaining our team of growers and secure supply of first-class potatoes for our expanding customer base.
· Daily orders from suppliers and complete PO’s on the system.
· Monitor stock levels against sales projections.
· Ensure stock counts are performed and reconciled.
· Sales analysis, promotion and marketing strategy.
· Maintain strong working relationships with strategic and long-term suppliers and customers to assure quality, fulfilment, value and delivery targets are met.
· Respond to and resolve queries daily from customers and suppliers efficiently.
· Drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and department.
· Negotiate effectively and fairly in terms of product quality, volume, delivery and value with both suppliers/ customers.
· Ensure smooth and efficient operations at all times by managing the supply of potatoes effectively in the short, medium and long term through effective buying, inspecting quality and supply chain management.
Undertake store visits and attend meetings on a regular basis internally & externally.
Communicate effectively with Production, Quality and all-other relevant departments.
· Necessary administration duties associated with the role.
· Ad-hoc duties as requested by the buying team and Management.
Key Behaviours & Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline is important
· Would prefer minimum of 2+ years’ buying experience
· Knowledge of / experience in the FMCG Sector or Fresh Produce would be a distinct advantage
· Excellent Negotiator and Communicator: verbal and written
· Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills
· Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP experience is an advantage
If you wish to apply please email your C.V. to email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted