The Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading the work of the Quality Team in the QA department for a particular customer on site. You will be prepared to carry out internal audits on a routine basis & maintain Quality Control / HACCP procedures on a daily basis. Knowledge of BRC, Global Gap, IOFGA & Bord Bia standards is desirable & leading out scheduled & unscheduled technical audits.
· Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
· Coach employees for performance.
· Ensure all Quality related matters are communicated to management.
· Ensure all the quality records for the production floor are covered in document control and are updated when required.
· Hold weekly Quality Team meetings.
· Ensure GMP/Glass and Hard Plastic Audits are carried out monthly.
· Ensure Shelf-Life monitoring is completed on a scheduled basis and any trends communicated to the procurement department.
· Ensuring Supplier Approval is kept up to date and all suppliers hold 3rd party accreditation. Highlight to the procurement department if any supplier is out of their accreditation date.
· Carrying out quality inspections on produce at intake, during production and finished product stage. Complete attaching quality reports accordingly.
· Completion of daily record keeping that maintains Quality management Systems, E.g. Scales/temperature checks, etc.
· Sending Quality reports to Suppliers daily and reviewing raw material quality on a continuous basis.
· Communicate details to the Quality/Production/purchasing teams on the quality/shelf life of produce being received by MPC.
· Ensuring HACCP (food safety) principles are continuously met for product safety and process control.
· Ensuring good manufacturing and housekeeping practices are in place at all times including completion of routine cleaning check sheets when required.
· Liaising with the Supervisors, Line-Leaders, General Operatives and Buyers on quality of produce on a daily basis.
· Maintain customer and supplier specifications for all products.
· Ensuring BRC, Global Gap and TFMS requirements are maintained as set down in the relevant standard.
· Carrying out internal audits on a routine basis/ when required.
· Endorses an “Audit Ready Every day” and Customer Focussed Culture
· Ensuring and cross-checking traceability for each delivery and contact all foreign suppliers to obtain traceability in advance.
· Communicate your work plan and envisaged daily and weekly tasks with Management in advance
· Assist management with any ad hoc duties requested or in their absence.
Key Experience and Skills:
· 3rd Level qualification in relevant Discipline
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial position is essential
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a food manufacturing environment
· Prior Supervisor experience is essential
· BRC / IFS Food Safety Certification, HACCP, Bord Bia, Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices and food manufacturing is essential
· Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Principles
· Ability to delegate to a team but also ability to work on own initiative
· Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
· Computer literate
· Quality Risk-based thinking and decision making
· Must be able to prioritise and organise tasks
· Natural ability to work in team-oriented environment