BISCOFF APPLE CAKE by Viv's Home Cooking
If the biscuit you get with your fancy coffee excites you as much as the coffee, then this apple cake is for you. It uses the new Lotus spread that is now available in many retailers to enliven an apple madeira type cake. she has made it as non-caloric as possible but if you want to use real butter or sugar instead of sweetener, work away. Our favourite chef Viv has her finger on the pulse as usual, knowing a hot food trend when she sees it!
One of our favourite sources of healthy, easy recipes that are full of flavour is vivs_home_cooking aka Viviane McCarthy (CHECK OUT HER INSTAGRAM PAGE!). Along with her daughters (known through their Cooking with Midnight Fire site), she spends a lot of time in the kitchen perfecting amazing recipes. She finds ways to use her airfryer to make healthy food to feed her family and share with her Slimming World friends, but she also knows how to spot all the just-plain-yummy food trends!
1 tbsp Lotus spread
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Flora Light
75g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Sweetener
1 lb baking tin
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Peel and cut the apple (cooking or normal) and line them at the bottom of your loaf tin sprayed with oil.
3. Add one tablespoon of biscoff spread to a saucer and heat it in the microwave for few seconds.
4. Pour over the apples and set aside.
5. Whisk together the egg, sweetener and flora Light.
6. Sift in the flour and add the cinnamon/ginger and baking powder. Combine by hand or with a whisk.
7. Pour your cake batter over the apples and biscoff spread.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then turn over onto your serving dish.